[conspire] No CABAL on Saturday, July 275h, either

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 22 00:31:44 PDT 2013

Hmm, sorry about this, but having needed to cancel the July 13th meeting
because Deirdre and I were in Wellington, New Zealand, I'm also going to
have to cancel the Satuday, July 27th meeting too, because we'll be in
Portland.  Therefore, the next CABAL meeting will be:

    August 2013
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

...Saturday, August 10th.

The reason we'll be suddenly needing to go to Portland, Oregon:  Our
friend Jay Lake the major science fiction / fantasy author has been
successfully beating the odds on metastatic colon cancer for five years,
but his luck has run out, and he will soon be killed by the fourth
appearance of tumours in various parts of his abdomen, the one for which
there's no longer any chemotherapy capable of working, and where some of
the tumours aren't even surgically operable.

Jay has been completely public with the course of this disease
(http://jaylake.livejournal.com/, http://www.jlake.com), so he's being
equally public in dealing with this downturn:  He's hosting 'JayWake':

  You are invited to my pre-mortem wake and roast, a somewhat morbid,
  deeply irreverent, but joyous celebration of me. This is a time for
  celebrating my life, loves, and dark, twisted sense of humor. Bring your
  stories (hysterical, at my expense), your tasteless jokes, and any and
  all expressions gleefully macabre. Come party with the man who has never
  passed up the chance to poke cancer in the eye and laugh about it.

http://jaylake.livejournal.com/3236705.html

Limited engagement.