[conspire] Wireless driver problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 22 00:38:15 PDT 2013

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 00:37:44 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: Bego Gerber <begogerber at chemistswithoutborders.org>
Subject: Re: Your advice requested

Quoting Bego Gerber (begogerber at chemistswithoutborders.org):

> Dear CABAL,
>
> I have just successfully installed Linux Mint 14 on a friend's old Dell
> laptop whose illegitimate Windows OS had died. I am a serious novice. I
> can't get the wireless card to work despite trying a bunch of strategies
> recommended online. Wireless Internet access was the main purpose of the
> exercise, and I'm stumped. May I attend your Saturday evening event to get
> help? Thanks very much.

We'd be glad to help!  Moreover, I specifically would be glad to help.

First, an unfortunate fact that I just posted to CABAL's mailing list:
Because my wife and I will be out of town the weekend of July 27th (for
an unavoidable obligation elsewhere), the next CABAL meeting will not be
until Saturday, August 10th.

That having been said, it is very possible I might personally be able to
solve your problem on a weekday evening or a non-CABAL weekend if you
come visit my house in Menlo Park.

I need you to provide some information to permit me to do necessary
Internet research _before_ you visit.  Specifically:  What is the
wireless card?

Ideally, the answer would include the relevant line of output from the
lspci utility.

--
Cheers,               A host is a host, from coast to coast.
Rick Moen             And nobody talks to a host that's close,

----- End forwarded message -----