[conspire] Receiving larger files from non-linux users?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Oct 11 20:04:04 PDT 2012

begin Rick Moen quotation of Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:49:31PM -0700:

> 'Foo wants to send me a file' would be an excellent example:  Foo says
> 'Please sign up for a contractual business relationship with Dropbox,
> Inc. and destroy your local workstation security by installing some
> black-box proprietary binary-only software from Dropbox, Inc. onto it,
> that hooks into Web browsers and file browsers, changes their behaviour,
> and possibly does other things you have no way of knowing antying
> about.'

You can get the file from the Dropbox web interface --
you still have to accept the ToS, but you don't need
to install their client.

> I don't argue:  I just don't do it.  Fortunately, 'No' doesn't require
> action in such cases, and is in fact a convenient default.

I believe you are already a party to my Web Site
User Agreement...

  http://zgp.org/~dmarti/meta/tos/

(Nobody has ever sent the required postal mail to
withdraw from it.)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/