[conspire] Receiving larger files from non-linux users?

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:38:00 PDT 2012

The method I've settled on, using Dropbox with a
plug-in<http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-send-files-dropbox-dropbox/>,
is to create a web-link and password I'll share with others.  They can
quickly send me files of up to 75mb a piece without having to use anything
besides some simple credentials.  The Dropbox account itself is not linked
directly to my local machine, but I can access it through the web interface
or by sharing/syncing folders with my local machine.  We can agree to
disagree on my methods, but it is the only one that works for me thus far.

My goal is:
Get the files!
Usable on any major platform with no technical understanding.
Support files that are hundreds of megabytes to over a gig.
Security is of no importance.

Thanks for coming back to this,
James