[conspire] (forw) Re: Comcast network upgrade blocks DNS blocking, could make SOPA self-incompatible

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 12 10:51:17 PST 2012

Another reason to avoid being a Comcast customer.

Direct link (i.e., not mediated by pulse.me) to the cited story is:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/12/comcast-network-upgrade-blocks-dns-blocking-could-make-sopa-sel/

A minor point:  You may have noticed a box on the front page of
http://linuxmafia.com/ called 'Dept. of Web-Search Juice'.  Because my
Web server has fairly high search prominence, some years ago, I started
posting links within that box to pages I hope to help show up on
searches of the anchor terms I use for the links.  Thus, one of my two
links marked 'Comcast' now go to the above-mentioned story about Comcast
abusing DNS technology to manipulate its customers.

Most (not all) links in my 'Dept. of Web-Search Juice' are effectively a
Hall of Shame.