[conspire] upgrade from 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS ?

=JeffH Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Thu Dec 6 12:32:28 PST 2012

thx to Josef & Rick for the info.

Nope, am not expecting or looking for simple answers.

thx for the clue wrt installing gnome-shell.

wrt proprietary display driver, I did try nouveau in the past but couldn't get
it configured such that X worked in the fashion I require (i don't remember the
details) and I just plain don't have time to futz with such stuff, and my X
config works with the nvidia driver and so that's what I use. the Ubuntu Web
forums denizens didn't influence me, fwiw.

so yeah, I'm going to continue to wait a while to upgrade I guess, largely for
the three reasons Rick cited.

thanks again,

=JeffH