[conspire] Ubuntu 9.04

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Oct 10 14:48:48 PDT 2011

Rick Moen:
> Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):
> I see you suddenly veered offlist.  Correcting.

Whoops!  Thanks.  Not sure how I did that.

> > Yeah, that's a bit iffy.  I know you can't do it until at *least*
> > the .1 release, but I was under the impression that the LTS->LTS
> > jump needed at least .2 to work without the "not recommended for
> > production environments" -d switch.
>
> In any event, I am not able to properly apprehend what you mean,
> above.  The do-release-upgrade tool does not offer the degree of
> choice you seem to be implying.

I'm not trying to say that there's a 'choice'.  I mean that when 10.04.1
was released, a bare do-release-upgrade would not yet take you there
directly from 8.04.* unless you forced the issue.  When 10.04.2 was
released (if I am remembering the schedule correctly), an addition was
made to the files that do-release-upgrade checks, allowing upgrades not
only from 9.10 but also from 8.04.

> You straighten out what you remember, and (more important) what the
> docs say that I'm (allegedly) missing.  Meanwhile, I'm a bit busy.

Okay, how about I just stop getting into conversations where people bark
orders at me, instead.  I'm not a fan of the lack of documentation for
this, either.

--
You are in an open field west of a big white house
with a boarded front door.