[conspire] Book Burning continues thanks to the Feds

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Fri Mar 25 05:28:26 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:32:59PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > Every few years the copyright commision holds hearings on the
> > DMCA...those hearing,...not just those.
>
> That's not a commission, and there is no such thing as 'the copyrights
> commission'.  It's the Librarian of Congress -- currently James H.
> Billington.

No Billington does not sit on the commision.  It is formed by the
Copyright Register when needed, and the report their finding to
Billington, who then makes the decision and propagates the rules.

For exampl like this

http://www.copyright.gov/1201/2010/Librarian-of-Congress-1201-Statement.html

Next time they hold hearing your welcome to join me.

Ruben