[conspire] Book Burning continues thanks to the Feds

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 25 07:41:16 PDT 2011

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> No Billington does not sit on the commision.  It is formed by the
> Copyright Register when needed, and the report their finding to
> Billington, who then makes the decision and propagates the rules.

Librarian Billington is not required by law to form or run or
participate in any 'commission', nor is the Register of Copyrights.
If either of them (or the Commerce Department Assistant Secretary for
Communication and Information) chooses to do so, that's nice, but the
part I described is what the law actually does require.

--
Cheers,                      "On American pronunciation: You say erbs and we
Rick Moen                    say herbs.  Because, you know, there's an H in it."