[conspire] Properly configured email program?

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Sun Feb 20 20:26:38 PST 2011

Several times recently, I have run into websites where I need to submit info, and find instructions like:

  fill in this form and click the Submit button below the form on this
  page. Your email program should then appear on your screen if you have
  configured your browser to call it. You should see your text data in an
  email body on the screen. Then press your send button and that email
  will be sent to me. But you need to have your browser configured
  properly to do that.

What is "configured properly"?  I use web-based email so I can access mail from different computers.  Am I confused for not having a local mail client?