[conspire] Alan Cranston (was: Copyrights)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 28 16:20:30 PDT 2011

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> Au contraire!  If you believe there's anything wrong
> with copyright infringement, you're supporting HITLER!
>   http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people/Cranston/cranston-con2.html

Odd coincidences, #351 in a series:  I was just going back through
Cranston's online conversation with Lowell High School students, shortly
before he died (of prostate cancer), aged 86, in 2000.

   Perhaps the hardest part of the job is making a decisions that are
   not popular, or which would not make one or another of my supporters
   happy. There is a maxim that guided me through many of those decisions:
   "What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not
   always right."

I wonder if Senator Cranston knew another California politician
was also reputed to have uttered that maxim:  Mayor George
Moscone to ex-Supervisor Dan White.  November 27, 1978.  Last words.