[conspire] Alan Cranston (was: Copyrights)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 28 16:20:30 PDT 2011

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> Au contraire!  If you believe there's anything wrong
> with copyright infringement, you're supporting HITLER!
>   http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people/Cranston/cranston-con2.html

Odd coincidences, #351 in a series:  I was just going back through
Cranston's online conversation with Lowell High School students, shortly
before he died (of prostate cancer), aged 86, in 2000.

http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people/Cranston/cranston-email.pol.html
includes:

   Perhaps the hardest part of the job is making a decisions that are
   not popular, or which would not make one or another of my supporters
   happy. There is a maxim that guided me through many of those decisions:
   "What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not
   always right."

I wonder if Senator Cranston knew another California politician
was also reputed to have uttered that maxim:  Mayor George
Moscone to ex-Supervisor Dan White.  November 27, 1978.  Last words.