[conspire] ubuntu and b43 problems

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 23:12:10 PST 2010

following the great success i had with emails to Conspire, here's my most
urgent problem:
running Ubuntu Maverick (10.10) on a Dell Latitude E6400, with an internal
Broadcom BCM4312 LP-PHY rev1, and lspci claim to see something else called
"Broadcom Corp. BCM5880 Secure Applications Processor", which i don't know
if related or not.

i am running B43-fwcutter with the latest open B43 driver (not the one in
"Additional Drivers", as it is broken). every once in a while, and mostly
after an intensive transmit (like rsync of my home to NAS) the connection
break and reconnection constantly fails. only unloading and reloading the
driver ("sudo modprobe -r b43" and "sudo modprobe b43") helps, and i can
reconnect.

went through /var/syslog and did not find anything to explain (or maybe i do
not know what to look for). wondered if anyone else ran into this Deus Ex
Machina, and if there is any resolution to it.

will gladly provide output of any printout requested.

and thanks, once more and up front.

Ehud