[conspire] Juice in keyboard

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Sun Jun 6 13:03:07 PDT 2010

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> I am trying to decide what to do with a laptop that got pineapple
> juice in the keyboard. It functioned with a few stuck keys for several
> days, then stopped booting into Linux. Enough of the circuitry
> functions so that the hard drive light comes on briefly when I turn it
> on, and I can shut down normally with the power button. I don't know
> whether it can be fixed, or whether I will have to get the hard drive
> taken out and mounted elsewhere. I am open to questions and
> knowledgeable suggestions. Jokes that are more funny than painful are
> also acceptable.
> Almost all of my files are backed up, except for one that I turn out
> to need as soon as possible. I have another computer with Linux.
I've used LPS products like this one and had good results in situations
like yours...it's a spray cleaner.

- --
Mark Weisler
PGP Key ID 68E462B6
PGP Key fingerprint  87D5 A77B FC47 3CC3 DFF0  586D 23FF F8B4 68E4 62B6
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.12 (Darwin)