[conspire] Juice in keyboard

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 21:12:59 PDT 2010

I am trying to decide what to do with a laptop that got pineapple
juice in the keyboard. It functioned with a few stuck keys for several
days, then stopped booting into Linux. Enough of the circuitry
functions so that the hard drive light comes on briefly when I turn it
on, and I can shut down normally with the power button. I don't know
whether it can be fixed, or whether I will have to get the hard drive
taken out and mounted elsewhere. I am open to questions and
knowledgeable suggestions. Jokes that are more funny than painful are
also acceptable.

Almost all of my files are backed up, except for one that I turn out
to need as soon as possible. I have another computer with Linux.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/