[conspire] (forw) Re: For Saturday's CABAL: Advice on old Mac

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 11 16:35:01 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded message from Jesse Monroy <jesse650 at gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:52:09 -0700
From: Jesse Monroy <jesse650 at gmail.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Cc: b c <crawford.bill at gmail.com>
Subject: For Saturday's CABAL: Advice on old Mac

Rick,
A customer of Will Crawford gave us a Power PC/ Power Macintosh
9600/300 with instructions to make a charitable community use of it.
We plan on loading Linux or NetBSD and giving it to a homeless
shelter. We would like your and Diere's (sp) advice on how to
configure the machine for best use, and possibly best donation
strategy.

On a related note, the Daily Post reports today (Aug 10, 2010) that
the "Friends of Palo Alto Library" had a major fire and part of their
facility was lost. The lose includes computers. We may donate to them,
but before that I will call on local book dealers for assistance.
Relate also, The Book Rack in downtown Menlo Park suffered fire damage
months ago -- and they also will need help.

See you Saturday
Jesse