[conspire] getting the new elive to usb it with KDE3 - or not .

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 14:51:17 PDT 2009

And , I may not get the cd. due to the phone companies' apparent bad ports despite our 'ISP.' bugging them about it .   Specifically my attempt last night came up a few bits shy of the known size of the cd. .  Do they routinely swap in other suspect components when one complains to them about bad ports at their exchange ; I've heard stories , and that rawbandwidth does a good job of bullying them back into doing what = required .
...The new ELIVE seems very promising with the new make a usb stick feature .? I use the earlier unstable elive without compiz eye candy on laptop3 , my main box , but only ever boot the default wm. once .? So I need to stuff real KDE3.x onto the distro , at least MY usb. stick . I've never had good luck messing with distro. internals .? - Bruce
aka. Kilgore Starslayer Excelsior [ Gigante ] el Presidente de EBLUG.org...