[conspire] Fwd: Installfest tomorrow, Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 PM Geary & Scott

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:43:45 PDT 2009

hi,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Yes, but I think you're ignoring my point:

I always listen closely to what you say, because you usually raise good
points and express yourself well.

> You were inviting people to
> help install Ubuntu onto the _school's_ computers.

We were inviting people to come in to make any use of the facilities.  We
have 30 stations there where we people could have brought in machines and
would have had the benefit of pre-set monitors, keyboards and mice.  We also
have spare RAM, spare hard drives, spare cables, spare screwdrivers, etc. We
want people to use that facility for any good Linux-related purpose.

You have a good point, though, that I could have mentioned that we have all
of those attractive features.  We are going to have another meeting soon,
and I will try to remember to be a bit more descriptive.  More people would
probably attend if they realized how many resources we have there.  So
thanks for bringing it up!   :-)

> It's nice that you
> were also willing (though you didn't say so in your announcement) to
> conduct something approaching a real installfest, if anyone had shown
> up expecting one.

Thank you.  Our goal is to help people with their Linux problems in any way
that we can.  The fact that there is so much Internet access and power and
pre-set stations makes it ideal to use this school's facilities for anyone's
purpose.

c u