[conspire] Fwd: Installfest tomorrow, Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 PM Geary & Scott

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 15 13:02:40 PDT 2009

As an afterthought, Christian, it would be really nice if you would
learn not to quote entire messages pointlessly.

What actually initially raised my pique was that, first, Grant
cross-forwarded your entire post from sf-lug to here, and _then_ you
quoted in reply -- for no apparent reason -- Grant's entire forward of
your post, So, we got to slog through your initial post _twice_ in quick
succession, along with your minor commentary on the forwarding of your
post.

I was already, generally, not happy with the bad habit several people
have of forwarding every bloody announcement across all possible Linux
mailing lists.  It doesn't help that it was of a (charity) event
haplessly announced on short notice.  But then also having to read the
whole thing multiple times on _this_ mailing list -- for no better reason
than your not bothering to snip quoted text in GMail -- is a bit much.

Yes, we know that GMail offers you no alternative to corporate-moron-style
quoting.  That's not the point.  The point is that you nonetheless remain
responsible for removing pointless quotation before posting, and you
keep not bothering.  It's a clipboard operation, for heaven's sake!
It's not like it's even difficult!