[conspire] firefox 3.0.15-1.fc10 - can't open new window using right mouse button

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Dec 19 17:32:39 PST 2009

Quoting Darlene Wallach (freepalestin at dslextreme.com):

> A few weeks ago something happened with firefox and I can no longer
> open a new a URL into a new window using the right mouse button; I can
> only open a URL into a new tab.
>
> Also, "ctl n", and using the drop down menu under "file" to open a new
> window do not open a new firefox window.

First of all, kill Firefox, restart it, and see if the problem goes
away.  Firefox still (after all these years) leaks memory and otherwise
tends to go wonky occasionally, necessitating the running instances
occasionally being terminated and relaunched.

If that doesn't work, go through Preferences and other significant
configuration seeing if anything relevant has gotten changed, there.

If that doesn't work, copy your bookmarks.html from inside the ~/.firefox
or ~/.mozilla or ~./mozilla-firefox or whatever that directory is called
in your homedir, take down a few notes about what firefox settings you
want to recreate later, and then kill firefox and "rm -r" that dotfile
directory, which houses your individual settings for the browser.

> Should I remove firefox and reinstall....

God, no.  Unless you think you've done something peculiar to the
software with root authority, that would seem neither useful nor
justified.