[conspire] corrected to HP LaserJet4M Plus Re: HP LaserJet4 - CUPS lists printer twice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Aug 29 22:33:40 PDT 2009

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> FWIW, my house is already using 18 devices and counting, not including
> installfests.

OK, but I'm unclear on what your point is.   Obviously, if you know
you're going to be starting with more than 10 dynamic-IP hosts, you
will reflect that knowledge in the size of your DHCP server's dynamic
range.

My suggestion of starting with 10 for a home network was -- I thought
obviously -- aimed at more-typical home LANs.