[conspire] curious as to why Seagate would offer a 1.5T external hard drive with only USB 2.0

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Mon Apr 13 15:53:34 PDT 2009

Rick,

] > I normally use the backplanes on my supermicros, but it would be
] > convienient to transfer a terribyte or two using my car, at times.
]
] There are times when you just can't beat the bandwidth of a car full
] of recorded media -- even if the latency does suck ass.

You might have been subconsciously drawing on this quotation from (at
least) the 1990s:

    "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of
    tapes." --Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS

Eric

p.s. The latency of the station wagon delivery might stink, but on the
other hand very few of my downloads complete accompanied by a pepperoni
pizza.
--
Eric De Mund   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002