[conspire] How does changing CABAL to 1-9 pm sound?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat May 3 16:13:35 PDT 2008

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> Do you mean about going South of the Thames, or is this about New
> Hadrian's Wall: The M25?

Oddly enough, at the time I was living in Southwark, we indeed used to
get incredulous looks at the proposal of crossing south of the Thames to
visit where we lived on Trinity Church Square off Borough High Street,
and that's not exactly the white cliffs of Dover.

Ah yes, the M25 orbital!  If you ever have patience to try out reading
_Good Omens_ by Gaiman and Pratchett, it has a minor role as a demonic
device encircling London for Satanic purposes.

> Because you know, Watford's not too far, but Luton?  Why that's The
> North!

I do love Luton Airport, though that train from St. Pancras isn't
exactly what one would call rapid transit.  (Maybe they're keeping a
wary eye out for "the wrong kind of snow".)  Still, nicer than Heathrow
-- and the baggage-handling system works.