[conspire] How does changing CABAL to 1-9 pm sound?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 1 20:54:10 PDT 2008

Quoting David Fox (dfox94085 at gmail.com):

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> >  Anyhow, how does 1pm to 9pm sound for new CABAL hours?  Comments
> >  welcomed.  (It's very doubtful that we'd kick anyone out at 9pm, mind.)
>
> Well, for me it might not work out all that well, because I sometimes
> have to work Saturday mornings from 8 to 12 and since I travel by bus
> I doubt seriously I'd be able to get home in time in order to pick up
> a ride to a Cabal starting at 1pm.

Thing is, you don't have to arrive at the starting time.  And, as I
was saying, it's rather unlikely that we'd hurl out the door people
wanting to stay a bit later than official closing time, provided they
cut the talking volume _way_ down and keep it that way.

Of course, if all your potential rides _do_ want to make an arrival time
that precludes picking you up, you'd indeed have a problem.  (Remember,
I'm glad to personally pick people up at CalTrain or, say, the downtown
Palo Alto bus station, and make sure you're able to get home.  I do ask
for some advance notice of pickup requests, where feasible.)