[conspire] [svlug] Google Calendar of bay area Linux events

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 19 13:25:35 PDT 2008

[Ed chose to cross-post between SVLUG's and CABAL's mailing lists.  I'm
snipping my own headers to just one mailing list.  Further respondents,
_please_ post only to mailing lists to which you're subscribed:
Cross-posting between mailing lists otherwise creates problems for
listadmins, which is one reason I'd rather people not do it.]

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> Thank you. Rick Moen has a Bay Area Linux Events calendar,
> http://linuxmafia.com/bale/, but does not use Google apps.

It will be reactivated after system rebuild.  We also have in mind a
slightly different set of software to run it, at that time.

> I wonder whether there is a way to transfer data between these two
> sites that is mutually agreeable. Rick?

Details are to be worked out, but Bill has kindly determined that the
proprietary Google Calendar application does support export of its
scheduling data in iCal format.