[conspire] [svlug] Google Calendar of bay area Linux events

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:35:25 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Bill Ward <bill at wards.net> wrote:
> As I mentioned recently, I started a calendar in Google Calendar for
>  bay area Linux events.  It can be seen on the PenLUG homepage, but you
>  can also access it using any calendaring tool that supports calendar
>  sharing in the common formats.
>
>  ical:
>   http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/caj9iea2ol69b7n2uqdek4ocso%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
>
>  xml:
>   http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/caj9iea2ol69b7n2uqdek4ocso%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic
>
>  html:
>   http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=caj9iea2ol69b7n2uqdek4ocso%40group.calendar.google.com

Thank you. Rick Moen has a Bay Area Linux Events calendar,
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/, but does not use Google apps. I wonder
whether there is a way to transfer data between these two sites that
is mutually agreeable. Rick?

>  I'm also open to granting permission to make changes to the calendar.
>  Currently Sameer Verma, Andrew Fife, and Bruce Perens have such
>  access.  Let me know if you'd be interested and what your reasons for
>  doing so would be.

That's OLPC in San Francisco, Silicon Valley LUG and major
installfests, and a large section of the Open Source community
covered. What else do we need?

I nominate Heather Stern. Heather?

I'm the bid chair for PyCon 2010 and 2011 in the Bay Area. We'll let
you know if we win. Right now we have the only complete bid. We are
not exclusively Linux, but we are just as Free/Open Source as any
Linux event.