[conspire] Anybody have an old LCD monitor to sell cheap?

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Fri Jul 11 16:42:53 PDT 2008

I need an LCD monitor I can use for a few months while I research
a large screen LCD unit with an adjustable backlight.  I can't
lift a CRT.  17 or 19" would be good.  Anyone have an old one
gathering dust you'd like to get rid of and get a few bucks for?

  Thanks,

  Mark

Tale of woe follows:

My CRT went all fuzzy a month ago and I bought a Viewsonic VX2835wm
28" LCD monitor from Fry's.  Nice and sharp, with no dead pixels,
but even with the brightness dialed down to zero it's so bright
it hurts my eyes.  It doesn't have dynamic contrast which would
dim the fluorescent backlight for scenes with a lot of black.
With an all black screen enough light bleeds through that I can
read large print by it in a darkened room.  It's going back to
Fry's.