[conspire] thanks for mentioning Xfce window manager

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 9 18:16:02 PST 2008

Quoting Eric De Mund (ead-conspire at ixian.com):

> My only nit is very minor: I like the digital clock in the panel to
> display the date in addition to the time, and the default Clock doesn't
> appear to support this (aside from during mouse-over). Is there another
> panel clock available somewhere that does?

It's possible (unverified) that you might do better with one of two Xfce
panel plugins, DateTime or Orage.

As always in such situations, it is strongly in your interest to install
the distro package of new software, and _not_ fetch upstream tarballs,
e.g., from the above Web sites.  I have not done the work to find those
packages (if they exist) for your distro; you should ask on your
distro's IRC channel or support mailing list, if you can't find those