[conspire] thanks for mentioning Xfce window manager

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 9 18:16:02 PST 2008

Quoting Eric De Mund (ead-conspire at ixian.com):

[Xfce:]

> My only nit is very minor: I like the digital clock in the panel to
> display the date in addition to the time, and the default Clock doesn't
> appear to support this (aside from during mouse-over). Is there another
> panel clock available somewhere that does?

It's possible (unverified) that you might do better with one of two Xfce
panel plugins, DateTime or Orage.

http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-datetime-plugin
http://www.kolumbus.fi/~w408237/orage/

As always in such situations, it is strongly in your interest to install
the distro package of new software, and _not_ fetch upstream tarballs,
e.g., from the above Web sites.  I have not done the work to find those
packages (if they exist) for your distro; you should ask on your
distro's IRC channel or support mailing list, if you can't find those
packages.