[conspire] thanks for mentioning Xfce window manager

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Wed Jan 9 13:46:04 PST 2008

Rick, All,

I'm on my old ThinkPad 2645-51U (266 MHz, 128 MB RAM) this week, and
your notes regarding Xfce breathing new life into older systems piqued
my curiosity. I've been using KDE with all its cool enhancement features
dialed back almost to zero, but it still left the interactive experience
a little sluggish. Xfce, now, I'm happy to report, has added a little
pep to this old beast's step, and I'll be sticking with it.

My only nit is very minor: I like the digital clock in the panel to
display the date in addition to the time, and the default Clock doesn't
appear to support this (aside from during mouse-over). Is there another
panel clock available somewhere that does?

Regardless, thank you for the tip,
Eric
--
"The U.S. Navy urgently needs modern musicians." --Michael Dukakis, 1988
presidential candidate, during a campaign speech

Eric De MUND   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002
ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | ICQ: 811788