[conspire] thanks for Orage (was: thanks for... Xfce)

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Wed Jan 9 21:50:25 PST 2008

Rick,

Eric De Mund <ead at ixian.com>:
] My only nit is very minor: I like the digital clock in the panel
] to display the date in addition to the time, and the default Clock
] doesn't appear to support this (aside from during mouse-over). Is
] there another panel clock available somewhere that does?

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>:
] It's possible (unverified) that you might do better with one of two
] Xfce panel plugins, DateTime or Orage.

Thank you muchly. Orage Clock was available as a debian package (as
"orage") and does the trick. It uses strftime(3) '%' format specifiers,
and a time specification of:

    %a %e %b, %R %z

gets me:

    Wed  9 Jan, 21:45 PST

, which is the kind of display that I like.

Regards, and again, thank you,
Eric
--
"The president is aware of what is going on. That's not to say that
there is something going on." --Ron Ziegler, Nixon press secretary, on

Eric De MUND   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002
ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | ICQ: 811788