[conspire] About that bread, and food locations at CABAL installfests.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 29 18:14:20 PST 2008

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> I find real difficulty putting food where it will get eaten and remain
> safe. The small space at the end of the stove island gets too crowded.
> Putting it in the garage meant nobody else had any of my salad. The
> strawberry something cake was served from right next to the sink and
> would have been dangerous on the island.

Yes, we're aware that counter space is limited.  I think we might, in
the future, deploy some small tables near the stove counter-island, as
additional serving space.  Deploying served food near the sink is -- by
contrast -- problematic, because that space is badly needed for
dishwashing and for food preparation, and I'd rather not allow the
precedent of also using it as serving space.  Therefore, I ask people's
help in not attempting to use it that way, e.g., no longer plunking down
store-bought cakes near the kitchen sink.

(I knew something had gone haywire when a longtime member brushed past
me, attempting to grab some bread I was right in the _middle_ of
preparing to turn into garlic bread.)

My home's kitchen is actually reasonably spacious, for one serving a
3-bedroom house built in the 1950s.  However, when one attempts to host
a few dozen hungry people, some intelligent planning and enforcement of
boundaries becomes necessary.