[conspire] Seeking Good Bookstore for IT Books in the Area

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Apr 4 12:54:35 PDT 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Eric De MUND wrote:

> Python is something I've been considering adding to my skillset.
>
> Can you give me a thumbnail sketch of your tech-learning experiences
> at Foothill? Good, very good, excellent? Also, how long do such classes
> last, and how much do they cost, typically? I've never taken anything
> there, only, years ago, at UCSC and UCB Extensions.

I've taken both online and face-to-face classes there, and like both
formats. Online you get a bit less interaction (how much less depends
on the teacher), but it's less schlepping.

Cost is amazingly cheap. It's $13 per unit, plus some once-per-term
fees, so you could probably register for the class for $60-70. Truly
a bargain.

I like classes as a format for learning because I'll push myself to learn
things I wouldn't normally take the time for.

Classes at Foothill are 12 weeks, except in Summer when they're 6.

--
_Deirdre  blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"