[conspire] Utility to rescue formatted EXT3 partition & distribution, choice?

mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Tue Mar 13 19:13:01 PDT 2007

Edmund wrote...

...snip...
> I've got copies of most of those and have even installed a couple of
> stripes of Mint and DreamLinux on various boxen.  Actually, my copies
> may not be in such good shape since I tipped over a glass of whisky on
> my CD rug while trying to hook up a friend with DreamLinux Saturday
> evening, but discs are drying out in my attic and I still have the ISOs
> on my server.  Do you think rotgut scotch will delaminate the surface?
> >> MythTV?  Before you attempt an installed distribution for that, save
> >> yourself some pain and try the (installable) KnoppMyth live CD, which is
> >> set up to Just Work:  http://mysettopbox.tv/doc.html
> >>
> I played with it a year or two ago without much success and it doesn't
> look like it is progressing too rapidly.  First I've got to get a low
> profile card that is compatible with Linux.  Any suggestions on that score?

I suggest that you take a look at  the hardware specs for the Dragon II
PVR at http://mythic.tv/system_specs.php. This site shows the Knoppmyth
reference platform (KRP) for the PVR.
The folk at http://mysettopbox.tv have collaborated with mythic.tv to
formulate the Dragon II which can be purchased as a complete running
system or built by an individual using or guided by the KRP. I saw The
Master, Cecil Wilson of mysettopbox.tv, perform a clean install of
knoppmyth on a Dragon II and it installed and ran smoothly. This was at
the SCALE event a month ago (Southern California All Linux Exposition).
I have no stake in this but would like to have a good free and open
PVR.

Mark