[conspire] first post in a while

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:38:27 PDT 2007

hi

On 6/27/07, Peter Knaggs <peter.knaggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/26/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>
> > I wish for employees of all firms without exception to be treated
> equally
> > well at CABAL meetings held at my house, for pretty much the same
> reason.
>
> I wholehartedly agree with Rick on this.

The two of you are certainly both reasonable people and it is often hard to
disagree with you on the merits.

And yet, Microsoft just seems to me to be a very dangerous institution which
is highly motivated to disrupt the FOSS community.  Am I more or less right
there?

So while I agree that "us versus them" can lead to pitched symbolic strife
that is mostly sound and fury signifying little, at the same time, it seems
to me as if Microsoft doesn't tolerate dissent or alternatives.  And so it
makes me a bit uncomfortable to see Microsoft people at FOSS events.  It
makes me wonder what Microsoft is up to.  i personally believe that Winfred
had probably cleared his ability to come to CABAL with his Microsoft
supervisors.  And I wonder why they gave approval.  What is their goal?