[conspire] Knoppix 5.1.0 and Beryl

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Tue Jan 16 19:58:02 PST 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:59:44 -0800
"David E. Fox" <dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:

>> And speaking of knoppix, 5.1.1 is out since maybe a week ago. It was
> released a week after 5.1.0. So update :).

been there, done that, got the t-shirt. had some strange difficulties
with ktorrent - the thing kept downloading the same bad spots over and
over again, figured someone poisoned the torrent. Eventually I gave up,
found a reasonably fast mirror, and just ftp'd the iso down.

But, no beryl. Other stuff, ok, so far. Beryl froze the machine solid.
(machine being an athlon tbird/768meg ram, matrox g450 w/16 meg on the
video). This isn't a good sign -- likely machine's video is not big
enough to run it. sniff

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.