[conspire] Knoppix 5.1.0 and Beryl

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sun Jan 14 08:59:44 PST 2007

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:41:57 -0800
"Edmund J. Biow" <biow at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Knoppix 5.1.0 was released last week, the first Knoppix release since
> June.  As I'm sure you all know, Knoppix is a German live CD based upon
> Debian testing/Etch these days.
>   http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix51-en.html
>
>  I gave the CD version a spin and I started it with:
>
>    knoppix desktop=beryl

ditto. I tried it at cabal last night (on bruce's laptop, celeron 430
w/a intel i810 video, I believe) and it was just *beautiful* - although
I was not able to really check it out that much.

And speaking of knoppix, 5.1.1 is out since maybe a week ago. It was
released a week after 5.1.0. So update :).

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.