[conspire] Darwinppc -801.cdr.gz

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 5 12:37:58 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> First, John didn't copy/paste the command he typed and its output
> for us.

FYI, k3b is a _graphical_ KDE front-end to cdrecord and similar apps.

> Second, K3b is trying to be very flexible, in that it's willing to try to
> write CDs and DVDs permuted with audio/video/data/mixed formats.

Frankly, it shouldn't know or care what's in there.  It's just bits.

> Looking at filename extentions is a really bad idea in Linux/UNIX land,
> bit that doesn't stop programmers from doing it anyway.

John said:

   It 's supposed to be an iso. type image but K3b says it can't burn it to
   a cd.  Wrong type!!

So, John, did you try just renaming the damned file to from .cdr to .iso ?

Of course, the actual point of my original post was to make sure you knew
that you needed to gunzip the fool thing, first.  ;->