[conspire] Quick Question 64bit vs 32 bit Kernel

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Tue Dec 11 19:35:02 PST 2007

Dave,

Mac OS X supports 4 architectures. PPC 32 bit. PPC 64 bit (G5). Intel
X86 32 bit. And
X86 64 bit (The new pro towers are Intel 64 bit processors and have up
to 4 dual core
processors.)

At installation, the installer queries the hardware to find out which
processor is present
and then installs the correct files for that architecture.

Ross