[conspire] Help needed for running this Saturday's CABAL meeting

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Fri Dec 7 07:23:08 PST 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007 23:24:08 Rick Moen wrote:
> Hi, if any of the regulars is available to run the CABAL meeting (at my
> house), please do speak up.  Bruce Coston kindly volunteered to fill
> that role, but is now uncertain he'll have car transportation to/from
> his house in Sunnyvale.
>
> "Running" the meeting really means being vaguely in overall charge,
> attempting to ensure that attendees treat my house with respect.  Other
> regulars no doubt will pitch in, and the routine's familiar to people.
>
> You would need to be at my house at 4PM, and stay to at least 11 PM,
> because when you and Bruce leave, everyone else must.
>
> My mother-in-law Cheryl will be home, but not (per usual) helping the
> meeting.   Deirdre and I will be out of town for the weekend.
>
> Unfortunately, if I cannot get another regular to say "Yes", I'll need
> to cancel the meeting, as Bruce might not be able to come, and I need to
> be fair to Cheryl.

I volunteer for the "first half"  of the meeting from 4pm until about 9pm.
Since I am an early riser I tend to leave around 9pm. If another suitable
regular would volunteer to be responsible for the second half of the meeting,
and assuming all is agreeable to Rick, Deirdre, and Cheryl this might work
out.

--
Mark Weisler
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our
mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us