[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 15:26:42 PDT 2007

I don't trust the 7 , or any other  [they draw from debian experimental ], buntu series but suspect doubling your ram may help lots.
maybe try something based on Debian stable etch or PClinuxOS, #1 on distrowatch for every timeframe under 6mos. I had unichrome working on my old socketA box but am not certain its best distro was a MEPIS version.

http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/LinuxHardwareInfoToshibaTecra9000
> But unfortunately, with Feisty Fawn, 3D doesn't work, so I'd really
recommend
> trying Dapper Drake if your primary video is this kind of S3 card.

First of all, the "savage" driver did not work in Dapper Drake, either. Gutsy
Gibbon promises to fix that, but I have my doubts. Second, Unichrome chipsets
do not use that driver. There are three free drivers for it to choose from:
via, unichrome, and openchrome. For MythTV, openchrome is the one you want.