[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Aug 27 16:33:51 PDT 2007

bruce coston:
> I don't trust the 7 , or any other  [they draw from debian
> experimental ], buntu series but suspect doubling your ram may help
> lots.

Ubuntu does not draw from Debian Experimental, or at least not in any
way that would cause alarm.  This is a weird claim that the MEPIS guy
stated as fact without providing any evidence.  Ubuntu has a six-month
QA process outlined here:

	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GutsyReleaseSchedule

The way that you seem to be saying "they draw from debian experimental"
implies that Ubuntu just sort of grabs crack-of-the-day packages
willy-nilly for core system functions.  In fact, the core packages of
Ubuntu are the most conservative, and are often custom-built
independently of Debian.

--
On my tv show, when I say "and where do we put policy?"      Nick Moffitt
the audience will yell "USERSPACE!"  -- Sean Q. Neakums     nick at zork.net