[conspire] [Off-topic] Always a bridesmaid...

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Thu Aug 2 01:50:31 PDT 2007

Rick Moen:
> _The Girl in the Fireplace_ did pull off the small miracle of making
> Mme. de Pompadour seem sympathetic, enough to make one temporarily
> forget about her having helped foment the disasterous Seven Years' War.

One of the reasons we loved _Blink_ so much is that we saw the girl who
plays Sally Sparrow as Nina in a production of _The Seagull_ in Sloane
Square.  The casting for the leading women in the Moffat stories has
been uniformly excellent, now that I think about it: the woman in the
WWII double-episode did a fine job as well.

If there truly were any Timelords left, though, they'd arrange the
timeline so that the execrable two-part _Daleks in Manhattan_ story was
never written.

--
"Some of us figured out in the 1950s                     Nick Moffitt
that blacklists were a bad idea.                        nick at zork.net
Some of us have that lesson still ahead of us."
           -- John Gilmore, on RBLs.