[conspire] [Off-topic] Always a bridesmaid...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 2 01:41:02 PDT 2007

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> Well, if you ask me they should just turn the Dr. Who scriptwriting
> reins over to Steven Moffat and let him make more masterpieces like _The
> Girl in the Fireplace_ and _Blink_.

Hooray!  I happen to have _Blink_ sitting, as yet unwatched, on my
Xubuntu laptop's hard drive, courtesy of my, um, unbelievably good
aerial reception of BBC 3.

_The Girl in the Fireplace_ did pull off the small miracle of making
Mme. de Pompadour seem sympathetic, enough to make one temporarily
forget about her having helped foment the disasterous Seven Years' War.