[conspire] more Printer madness

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 23:02:16 PDT 2007

$70-50 tomorrow , the 17th at Fry's for a/n canon mp460 , its an update of the 450 and looks easy to overcome the chipping of the cartridge by holding the paper feed button for 5 seconds. prints at 600 black , scans at 1200 , does memory cards , wireless . Is IRDA wireless a good idea in a printer if one can make it work ? The cartridges look easy enough to refill. Turboprint support 450 and 460 it so I suspect I can make cups give limited use and sane can get "Full scan @ 75DPI color works. TBD" from it.
$20 = less than cost of smaller black cartridge for it.
I will have to rig tor as linuxprinting.org does not show when i browse on metro - fi and also bug them but many sites  w wiki as part of their name also fail.
I might buy one and swap it to my friend for my ip2000, so she will get scanning for free too on her supported oob mac.