[conspire] more Printer madness

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 23:02:16 PDT 2007

$70-50 tomorrow , the 17th at Fry's for a/n canon mp460 , its an update of the 450 and looks easy to overcome the chipping of the cartridge by holding the paper feed button for 5 seconds. prints at 600 black , scans at 1200 , does memory cards , wireless . Is IRDA wireless a good idea in a printer if one can make it work ? The cartridges look easy enough to refill. Turboprint support 450 and 460 it so I suspect I can make cups give limited use and sane can get "Full scan @ 75DPI color works. TBD" from it.
$20 = less than cost of smaller black cartridge for it.
I will have to rig tor as linuxprinting.org does not show when i browse on metro - fi and also bug them but many sites  w wiki as part of their name also fail.
I might buy one and swap it to my friend for my ip2000, so she will get scanning for free too on her supported oob mac.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.