[conspire] imac Firewire Enclosure

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 25 09:34:13 PDT 2006

Quoting Mark Weisler (mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us):

> I have done what you are trying to do and it took me some considerable
> study of GRUB (more than a few hours) and research on partition
> planning. I wound up with MEPIS server and Kanotix desktop. But
> multi-boot is a lot of work. I find it more economical to have
> different, perhaps low dollar value, machines for learning. And as Ross
> points out, for the cost of an external FW drive you can have a
> "completely different" machine in that it can have a different distro
> on it.

Or, try one distribution at a time.

My standard answer to the "Which Linux distribution should I run?"
question since time immemorial (in addition to what's at
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=kicking#distro)
has been "Try one.  If dissatisfied, wipe it and try another.  Quit
when you think you've seen enough."

Bring blank DVD/CD media to meetings, and we can typically even save you
download time.