[conspire] Fedora Core password help

jim stockford jim at well.com
Wed Sep 20 21:11:07 PDT 2006

This destroys the old root password:

one way is at boot time, at the GRUB menu,
hit the space bar to stop the loading process,
use the arrows to select the kernel to boot up,
type the 'e' key to enter edit mode,
move the cursor to the end of the line and enter " s"
(note the space char before the 's')
type the 'b' key to start the boot process
the machine comes up in single user mode, you
can't do much, but you can change the root password
and then reboot your choice of kernel and runlevel
and you own the machine.

hope that is a help.