[conspire] next installfest

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 20 16:21:47 PDT 2006

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> oops , I started my cf-25 with a non-boot floppy in it - I need an
> appropriate w98se boot floppy for it or some other tool to get a more
> useful heavy magnesium encased brick .

Hah hah.  http://www.bootdisk.com/ has download links for what purport
to be such things.  Good luck figuring out whether (1) they're
malware-laden, and (2) by what theory of law this escapes being
copyright infringement.

Speaking of those two concerns, FreeDOS recently reached 1.0, by the way.
http://www.freedos.org/

(Sadly, although I notice md5sum hashes published with their releases,
there's no gpg-signing, and in general not even any attempt at helping
people verifiy that they're not downloading an intruder's trojan.  What
is this, amateur hour?)