[conspire] Fc5 Nz

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Sep 10 23:19:14 PDT 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:25:59 -0700, John Andrews wrote:

> Rick or Daniel
> 		It turns out that the Kubuntu 6.06  alternate .iso was copied to my
> 		users
> root directory. I opened it with K3b and burned a iso9660 disk. It starts
> up in my computer but wasn't able to run it live because I didn't want to
> accidently install it. To run it live do you choose "boot to first hard
> disk"?

No. The Alternate is the one that cannot run live, so you don't.

> 	Now I.m still trying to figure out the Nzclient thing.The runclient.sh
> 	has
> permissions of rwxr-xr-x 1 root root (some other stuff), same as Kubuntu.
> I tried Kdesu and the error box says can't find Kdesue executable.Whatever
> file was copied to the desktop can't find anything.User is root, group is
> root. What am I missing here? The only java package I could find was
> java-1.4.2gci compat.1.4.2.0-40jpp-83rh. The Kubuntu has a lot of
> libraries with .java at the end. Fc5 doesn't seem to have a gui package
> manager that I can look at.

Yeah, the desktop file will need adjusting for FC5, which i forgot
yesterday. In the meantime, you would be able to run it directly from
/opt/nzclient/runclient.sh, but only after you get Java. NetZero is
unlikely to work with gcj-compat; you will likely need to download Java
from Sun's website. Be sure to get the RPM version.