[conspire] Rick's Linux Gazette essay

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 7 21:06:39 PDT 2006

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (a_lamothe at yahoo.com):

> Rick, I understand the point you are making, but I think you
> misunderstood my post. If you read all of it, you'll see that I'm
> referring to a live event, a town-hall meeting; very different from
> people posting to mailing lists.

Your point is well taken, but I had attempted (both in discussion here
and in the excerpt for _Linux Gazette_) to make clear that I was
speaking only of the problems of pseudonymous and anonymous discussion.
(In fact, that's what I'd been discussing here when you interjected with
that not-very-related anecdote about the town meeting.)

I certainly hope your comments are read and considered on their merits,
since your point was a good one, articulately stated.  (I certainly knew
what you meant, at least.)