[conspire] simply MEPIS DVD 601 problem + SVLUG

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 1 16:56:57 PST 2006

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> + what kind of hoops did one have to jump through to become eligible
> for the voting for SVLUG leadership ?

To _vote_?  I believe you just show up.

> I looked around and remember sending a mail to their list announcing
> my intention to join their board . Maybe yahoo failed me but I suspect
> it got  "maintenced out" in a too familiar way !

I removed several spam postings from the Web archives of the officers@
to allow non-member posting.)  I didn't need to do this to the svlug@
list, because no spam got through.  Anyway, nothing from you was removed
(or declined).

SVLUG doesn't have a "board", FYI.  There are two elected positions,
president and VP.  If you want to run for one of those, by all means
please bring the fact to J. Paul Reed's attention at the beginning of
the meeting, or you'll miss your chance.

If you're seriously alleging that some posting of your got ignored,
or removed, or that it somehow failed to propagate out to one of SVLUG's
several mailing lists, please post a copy of it right here, with full
headers.  I would want to know.

> Unless I wind up getting real answers I would recommend any company
> that asks , not help the " linux children " .

What's the question, again?

(I'm just the bit janitor; for questions about SVLUG non-technical
decision-making, you'll need to consult Paul Reed.)