[conspire] bbkeys

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Mon Jan 23 16:54:11 PST 2006

Im trying to get a handle on how bbkeys, bbconf & blackbox or metacity
work together.Do you need bbkeys in order to make blackbox work?I've
kind of got the whole thing a little confused and don't know how to make
blackbox work.I could write some simple menus to start with.Heres what
happens when I try to start bbkeys in the terminal.

jla at vstrom:~$ bbkeys
bbkeys: KeyClient: ERROR: Couldn't load rc-file: [/home/jla/.bbkeysrc],
falling back to default: [/etc/bbkeys/bbkeysrc]
bbkeys: keytree::addAction: keyCode for key: [F20] not found. can't add
it. skipping.

bbkeys: ScreenHandler: in findSupportingWM.
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: first readSupportingWMCheck succeeded.
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: second readSupportingWMCheck worked.
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: Found compatible window manager: [Metacity] for
screen: [0].
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: Supported atoms: [58].
bbkeys: KeyClient: reconfigure: hey, goodie! I got a reconfigure
request!!
bbkeys: keytree::addAction: keyCode for key: [F20] not found. can't add
it. skipping.

bbkeys: ScreenHandler: in findSupportingWM.
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: first readSupportingWMCheck succeeded.
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: second readSupportingWMCheck worked.
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: Found compatible window manager: [Metacity] for
screen: [0].
bbkeys: ScreenHandler: Supported atoms: [58].

It thinks that Metacity is the compatible window manager not Blackbox.
When I run bbconf it starts the gui program and looks fine intil I try
to save the menu I'm creating then it won't save it.But doesn't freeze
up or quit etc...